It is possible to clear negativity from your life even in a world which constantly bombards you with negative news.
Why do so many people have a negative outlook on life? There are two main reasons for this. One reason is that people tend to live in the past and think of what they lost or didn’t get. The second reason is that it’s hard to let go of negativity because they refuse to see the good things in life and only focus on the bad. Does this sound familiar? In this post you will learn how to clear negativity from your life.
Table of Contents
How To Clear Negativity From Your Life
Thoughts always come into our minds – some positive and some negative. The real problem isn’t that those thoughts occur but that we give them so much weight in our lives. Negative thoughts are just a part of the way our brains work – but when we think about them repeatedly and give them too much power in our minds, they stop being just thoughts and start becoming a part of who we are.
Many people think it’s impossible to stop having negative thoughts, but it is possible if you change your attitude towards life and become more present and grateful.
The thought of healing from negativity sounds like a daunting task, but it’s also possible to do.
Steps To Get Rid Of Negativity
We all have negative thoughts, and shaking them might seem impossible. But if you’re ready to change your perspective, here are some more suggestions on how you can get rid of negativity:
- Identify the thought that’s bothering you. Is it something that you tell yourself regularly? Did someone else say it to you?
- If another person said it to you, try not to take things so personally. The person who chose to say it was trying to make you feel bad, but remember that they don’t know your story or what is most important to you.
- Reframing is a technique where you rephrase a negative thought into a positive one. Instead of saying “I’m so stupid,” find a way to turn that into “I learn new things every day.” For example, if someone says something offensive about your appearance, use reframing by thinking about your favourite physical feature instead.
- You can also try visualising a scenario where the thought doesn’t apply. If you’re constantly criticising yourself for being lazy, picture yourself working hard on a project and feeling proud after completing it.
- Remove yourself from the source of negativity. That may seem obvious, but when we surround ourselves with people who are depressed or negative, we take their outlook on life as our own. If the negative news upsets you, take a break from news outlets and social media. Sometimes a change of location is all you need to help change your outlook on life. If you are in a situation where you can’t take a break from your negative surroundings and don’t have any other support group around you, try to be aware of how you’re feeling and distract yourself as much as possible. Try taking long walks alone or with a pet, listening to upbeat music, reading a book or watching a movie if that helps you feel better.
- Finally, go out there and do things! The more experiences you have in life and the more challenges you overcome, the less negative you will feel.
Let’s explore negative self-talk some more.
Stop Negative Self-Talk
Your negative self-talk contributes to the negativity in your life.
Have you ever told yourself, “I’m not good enough,” or, “I’m a terrible person”? Unfortunately, most of us do this. Negative self-talk is a way of thinking that can hold us back from achieving our goals or reaching our full potential. We’ve all been there, myself included.
Negative self-talk is something we all experience, and it can really affect our lives. We might tell ourselves that we’re not smart enough, attractive enough, or good enough to accomplish what we want to achieve. These feelings can get in the way of success in our lives. Understanding why negative self-talk happens and what we can do about it is essential.
Negative self-talk labels unproductive and destructive thinking, including obsessive worries and negative beliefs about yourself. It can be directed toward other people or oneself. Negative self-talk is an issue that many people struggle with, but it doesn’t have to be something you’re always fighting. If you’re having trouble letting go of your negative self-talk, here are some tips to help you minimise the damage it does to your life:
1. Take time to reflect and discover what went wrong. Please write it down and figure out why the experience was so negative. If you feel comfortable doing so, talk to the person who offended you about what happened, which can be very cathartic both for the person apologising and the offended one.
2. Realise that everything happens for a reason. Even though it may not make sense at the moment, there are always reasons behind negative experiences. Learn from your mistakes and move past them.
3. Forgive others and move forward with your life. While learning from your mistakes is important, don’t let them hold you back in life. One of the best ways to get over something is to let go of it entirely and move on with your life.
4. Do something nice for someone else or donate money to a charity that helped you in a time of need (if applicable). Notice how you will feel better about yourself by recognising that there are people who are worse off than yourself and don’t have anything.
There are times in our lives when we all experience negativity. Whether it’s due to the hardships of life or the challenges we face in our daily relationships, negativity is always an unwelcome guest. It can make us feel bad about ourselves and cause much pain. Sometimes it is so severe that it can change how we see things and even lead to depression. It would help if you started living in the present.
This book aims to help you improve the quality of your life by learning how to rid yourself of negativity and focus on self-love and positive thoughts. The past years have been difficult due to the global health pandemic and its impacts, and many people are struggling with loss, stress, and anxiety. The book offers self-healing techniques to help you overcome these challenges and to help you heal from any negative experiences you may have encountered. Your thoughts and beliefs have a powerful influence on your life and your relationships, and that by focusing on inner speech and self-love, you can lead a more fulfilling life and improve your overall well-being. The book provides practical and unconventional techniques for self-healing, making it a valuable resource for anyone looking to improve their mental and emotional health.
Live More In The Present Moment
Navigating the challenge of truly being present with our loved ones, despite our deep affection for them, has always been a struggle for me. Thoughts about the past constantly flood my mind, while worries and plans for the future often occupy my thoughts. I find myself preoccupied with what needs to be done later on, causing me to question whether I am truly living in the present moment.
Living in the present is a question that needs to be addressed daily. We strive to practice mindfulness and cherish the beauty around us, but it becomes an uphill battle in a world full of distractions. In today’s society, we tend to focus on what comes next: our post-work plans, future vacations, or even our dinner plans. While it is important to have goals and aspirations, excessive future-oriented thinking can leave our minds scattered and make it difficult to fully appreciate the significance of being present.
Letting go of this future-focused mindset doesn’t imply being unproductive or passively waiting for life to pass us by. Instead, it means shifting our attention from the future to the present moment. Discovering joy in simple pleasures like quality time with loved ones or savoring a delicious meal. Taking the time to appreciate nature and allowing ourselves to unwind. Expressing gratitude for the blessings in our lives while also fostering excitement for the potential of what lies ahead.
Embracing the present moment, cultivating gratitude, and being conscious of your self-talk can help remove negativity from your life. It becomes crucial to safeguard your positive energy from toxic influences that may hinder your growth and hinder your ability to live in the present.
My Instagram Feed
My Most Recent Posts
- Finding Your Ikigai: A Comprehensive Guide to Discover Your True Purpose In Life
- The Power Of Being Alone: How To Benefit From Alone Time
- Reverse Engineer Your Perfect Life: Become Successful Through Strategic Planning and Action
- Reach Your Potential: 10 Self-Hypnosis Techniques for Self-Improvement
- 9 Visualisation Techniques for Success: Manifest Your Goals and Transform Your Life